A pigmented eyeshadow is my kind of heaven, but most eyeshadow palettes do cost a pretty penny. I took it apon myself to create my own eyeshadow palette. Keep reading to see how I got on and a full list of ingredients.
What you will need-
- 70% Rubbing Alcohol
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Powdered Mica Pigments
- Empty eyeshadow pans/palette
- 2p coin
- Tissue or kitchen roll
- Wooden stick
- Pull up medicine syringe
- Taking the medicine syringe, measure out equal parts rubbing alcohol and vegetable glycerine into the empty shadow pans, I ended up taking mine out of the palette as I found it got messy and this made it easier. Take both parts and fill up each pan 3/4 of the way. The alcohol is used to help with the mixing and drying process towards the end and the vegetable glycerine will help bind all the ingredients, increase the pigmentation and shimmer.
2. Taking your chosen mica pigment add half a teaspoon to the liquid ingredients. You can use any colour you wish and even mix colours to create a custom shade. This tutorial is only a shimmer based one as you need separate ingredients to make mattes, so bare that in mind when choosing your shades.
3. Once fully mixed leave it to settle, this will allow both the liquid and the dry ingredients to fully combine.
4. Time to press the liquid into a solid shadow. Take your clean doubled up tissue and wrap it around the 2p coin. The 2p coin fit perfectly into this particular pan with ease. Press down really hard and you will notice the tissue sucking up all the excess moisture, do this as many times as needed until you have a a cream looking mixture.
5. Lastly leave to dry for 24 hours before swatching or using with a brush.
Look how pigmented and gorgeous they turned out!
I have tons more ingredients left to make extra for friends or to replace once I have hit pan. I also use the rubbing alcohol around the house and glycerine to make my own setting spray!. I cant wait to try this again and make my own highlight palette.
What beauty or makeup items have you made? Let me know in the comments below!.
Thanks for reading