Welcome back to Allthingsshukran 🧕
Hi 👋 guys and if it’s your first time joining us, WELCOME!!!! we really hope you stay and don’t forget to click the follow and like botton.
This week I would be deciding about spaghetti bolognese . So this weekend ( Sunday). Of all day my dad decide he wanted to eat spaghetti 🍝 bolognese. I was looking for bone 🦴 in oyingbo market.
I decided to share my experiences with you guys . I have this cooking recipe book called practical cookery <a href=”www.pdfdrive.com/practical-cookery-e33526997.html”></a> the pdf is for sell ooo
“Spaghetti bolognese” (sometimes called spaghetti alla bolognese, or colloquially “spag bol”, “spag bog”, “spaghetti with meat sauce”, or just “spaghetti”) is a pasta dish that is commonly served outside Italy. It consists of spaghetti served with a sauce made from tomatoes, minced beef, garlic, wine and herbs; sometimes minced beef can be replaced by other minced meats.
• Prep Time: 30 mins
• Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
• Total Time: 2 hours
• Yield: 6-8
• Category: Dinner
FOR THE SAUCE:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 strips of bacon, diced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 pound Italian sausage, removed from casings or ground
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 2 14oz cans crushed tomatoes
• 1 14oz can petite diced tomatoes,
• 1 cup stock (whatever you have on hand, if not water)
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/4 cup heavy cream, half & half, or whole milk
• 55 g mushrooms 🍄
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 celery stick, optional, chopped
• 3 fresh parsley leaves 🍁
• 1 pound spaghetti
• Fresh parsley leaves
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 🧀
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Do not drain.
2. Add the onions,mushrooms ,carrots and celery and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
3. Add the beef and sausages, and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, for another 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, stir to incorporate. Add the wine and mix in well to deglaze any “bits” that might be at the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook for about 3 minutes until most of the wine liquid has evaporated and a thick sauce remains.
4. Add the canned tomatoes, broth, and sugar and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer while you go about your business for about an hour to an hour and a half (yes, that long). Make sure you come back every fifteen minutes or so to stir so that nothing is stuck at the bottom of the pot (this is one of the reasons I love a good enamel coated cast iron pot).
6. While you cook the pasta (or in the final 15 minutes), add the cream, butter, and parsley, stir well, and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
7. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
1. You can add the pasta to the sauce and toss it around to coat, along with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and reserve other half to top once plated.
2. If you’ve doubled this recipe (I warned you in the post you might want to do that) you’ll want to plate the pasta, top each plate with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
3. Allow sauce to cool completely before freezing or storing.
This other recipe you could try <a href=”https://secretsauce.co.uk/pasta-rice/spaghetti-recipes/spaghetti-bolognese/“>hi</a>
Have You Tried Making spaghetti bolognese? Let Me Know.
Don’t forget to subscribe/follow my blog in the box below, so you can get updates on all my posts via email.
Also Do Connect with me on Social Media 💋
Till next week Thursday 👋